[Exim] Re: Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
+++ dman [linux-india] <01/06/02 00:19 -0500>:
> That's possible, if you want to go there. For a single-user box it's
> probably not a problem. Using the /etc/email-addresses rewrite does
> the trick without adding trusted users. Take your pick. (I'm not
> wholly against this method, for a single-user box)

The whole "only trusted users can call sendmail -f" is a bit overly paranoid
imho. Why not do as sendmail does, issue an authwarning and insert an
x-authenticated-warning: header if the user calling sendmail -f is not a
trusted user?

Especially useful in cases where exim is quite commonly used - virtual
hosting setups, and on home boxes / other single user boxes.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <---->  mallet <at> efn dot org
[Linux One Stanza Tip]    From : <kumarayil@???>