Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Autor: Anita Lewis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:34:08PM -0500, dman wrote:
> --
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:27:53PM -0400, ajlewis2@??? wrote:
> | I am writing this from webmail at work; so the header will not show what I'm
> | talking about here.
> |
> | When I send a message, Sender: says ajlewis2@sidekick.
>
> The Sender: header doesn't mean anything. It's purely informative for
> people who want to check whether or not a mail has been forged. (of
> course, it is in no way conclusive)

Are you saying that the Sender: is not the reason why I am getting the
rejects from a couple of ISPs? I'm wondering why my email doesn't go
through when I send it from my computer, but it does go through when I send
it directly from my ISPs mailserver using ssh. I figured that was because
the Sender: in the second instance is a valid domain name. I think the
error I got in the first instance was that ajlewis2@sidekick was not a valid
email address.

--
Anita