Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
OK, further comments in no particular order

  - The request is under the Data Protection Act, so presumably
    relates to the combination of name and email address in the
    messages

- The messages were originally made unavailable

  - The messages are now replaced with an explanatory message
    and a link to Yahoo's archive of the same information

  - Since the messages were sent ages back I can't easily check
    if the person was subscribed and so should have been aware
    of archiving

  - I am very strongly considering moving to another archiving tool
    that can handle email obscuring (pipermail has a setting for
    it which it ignores.... its even set on exim.org)

Theres probably going to be more in the future, but I don't want to
spend more time on this right now :-(

    Nigel.