Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
Quoting Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>:

> I have been served a take down notice for the exim-users archives due
> to some idiot deciding he wants his postings edited out of the archive.
>
> This is under the UK and EU Data Protection Act.
>
> For now the messages have been made inaccessible. However I can't
> afford to do this sort of thing in terms of time its going to take me
> etc.
>
> So I need to decide a course of action:-

It is clearly stated that an archive of previous messages exists when you
go to find the list email address and/or register, isn't that clear enough
to understand that if you send a message to the list, it will be archived?

There is a way to have ones messages not archived but it's not mentionned
on the site (I don't remember if it's in the welcome message). I would
suggest adding something in bold or size+1 or anything that will make sure
they read it similar to: *ALL messages you post to the list will be
archived UNLESS you add an "X-No-Archive: yes" header to your messages*.
Yous should also ask in the message that replies only goes to you and not
to the mailing list as you don't wan't you being quoted in the archived.
If you do not like those dispositions, please unsubscribe now to the
mailing list and do not post any messages to exim-users@???.

Would that be enough to turn them down whenever such a request arise
again? (Maybe posting that message to all current subscribers as well so
that everyone knows about this).

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???