Re: [Exim] AOL blocks SSL/TLS?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: James P. Roberts
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tom Samplonius
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] AOL blocks SSL/TLS?
><snip>
>
> No, the AOL relay servers should relay for any domain. That is how
>relay servers work. They will relay anything from the internal
>AOL network. The same goes for any ISP doing SMTP redirect to their

own
>relay.

But my server, and thus the customer's domain, is not inside the AOL
network. I am sure I have failed to explain some critical bit of
information that would clarify this. If my user cannot get to my SMTP
server to generate the email (from their domain) in the first place,
what does it matter if AOL will later relay it?

>> I am also curious why you would test my server for being an open

relay,
>> and then not tell me about it?
>>
>> Yes, I do check my logs, thank you very much. And I believe I have
>> closed the hole now.
>
> Wasn't me. You should read your logs more closely.
>
>Tom

I sincerely apologize, it was indeed a mis-read of the logs. There was
a message relayed to you, but it was not from you. My mistake. Two
mistakes, really. I had an error in my ACL which permitted relaying
from the localhost, and incoming mail on port 465, picked up by Stunnel,
appeared to Exim to be coming from the localhost. So, it saw a letter
(to me) that included you on the address list, and dutifully relayed a
copy to you. Then, I mis-read the log.

I publicly and abjectly apologize.

Jim Roberts