Re: [Exim] Request for comments regarding SPAM and virus che…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tony Earnshaw
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Derrick
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Request for comments regarding SPAM and virus checking
--
tir, 2002-04-23 kl. 17:44 skrev Derrick:

> Just wondering if I can get some comments for people out there regarding
> what the would consider for SPAM and virus checking set ups.. What are you
> doing, and what do you wish you would have? I would love to see the
> different approaches and maybe some dialog that could be taken offline if
> need be.

Everybody has his/her own idea. Some follow others. My guess would be,
that if you could ask the whole Internet community you'd get a 60% -70%
bias in tendency to the right or to the left. If you were to ask again
in a month's time, the bias could have shifted by 30%, left or right.
Rather like magnetic north, seen over a millennium. "where will North be
in 25 years, Grandpa?"

Everyone has his patent answer, few who would have agreed on something
yesterday would agree to the same today. Certainly not me.

Ask more specifically for solutions to problems. Using Exim. I.o.w., be
careful to rule out the Microsoft community. Not to speak of Oracle, Sun
(iPlanet), Novell (Borderware), IBM (Domino) different ISPs etc. And
Sendmail.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:    http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981