Re: [Exim] Need help setting up SMTP AUTH

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Need help setting up SMTP AUTH
On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:37:32AM -0500, Dennis Pinckard wrote:
> Well, what do you know, it works!
> Thanks John.
> I was using AUTH command once I telnet'ed in and EXIM reported no
> authentication.

This is because, not having negotiated ESMTP, you have no right to use
ESMTP features.

> Using the ehlo command, I get the AUTH PLAIN LOGIN message. Looks like
> it's working now.

This is the ESMTP negotiation.

I know that it may look like ESMTP is understandable just by watching what
goes over the wire, but I can assure you it's rather more complicated than
that, and you quite possibly want to read RFC2821.

MBM