Re: [Exim] Leaving bcc: headers in mail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sean Witham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Tim Tassonis
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Leaving bcc: headers in mail
Tim Tassonis wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there an option to preserve Bcc: headers(including the recipient, not
> an empty one) in local mails?
>
> The reason is a setup where mail for a domain is received with exim, then
> stored for all users in a single mailbox file, and then retrieved by an
> Exchange Server using POP to store it for several Exchange Users. If Bcc:
> is removed, Exchange will not deliver it to those users.

You realise even if you fix the issue of bcc, it will not stop mail
being lost. Some mail may not have a valid user header line, only a
valid envelope. This would certainly be true for a lot of mailing lists
and auto responders used by E-comerce sites.

> P.S. The setup was not my idea...

You do need to ask the person who wants this solution to reconsider this
point. I take it their exchange server is behind a dial up link or some
other restriction that presents it from receiving the email via SMTP ?
(Not that a dialup link needs prevent the reception of email by SMTP)

--Sean