Re: [Exim] Statistics on users ?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: ben
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: F A, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Statistics on users ?
On Tuesday 09 April 2002 05:48 am, F A wrote:
> Hi , my company will soon install a new e-mail server.
> Can somebody provide information on the statistics of Exim compared to
> sendmail and postfix ?

it's rather difficult to answer this. what kind of statistics did you have in
mind?

> Furthermore can somebody provide an estimate of number of machines that
> are using exim as opposed to the machines which are using sendmail as
> the mta ?

maybe, but it would be redundant information--since the most used tends to be
the most abused (no need to mention names).

given that you're asking an exim list, you'll get mostly exim-favorable
exim prefers the ease of configuration in order to achieve whatever necessary
tasks. monitor the list for awhile to see the range of problems that are far
more easily resolved using config files that you can actually read, compared
to the total immersion process that is a necessary part of learning to use
sendmail.

in terms of the size of organization, it to which it can cater, my current
isp, rcn.com, uses it. rcn.com also comprises erols.net, which offers service
all over the eastern seaboard here in the u.s.--the point being that serious
commercial email service vendors use it with success.

at rcn.com, you can see a posting of service logs, where you'll notice that
smtp server errors are not an issue.

users of whatever servers you audit will rush to promote or defend it. the
best way to evaluate exim before you actually try it is to monitor this list.

ben