Re: [Exim] I would just like to say

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I would just like to say
Quoth Greg Webster on Mon, Mar 25, 2002:
> For my part I apologize, I was just getting a little tired of exchanges
> that were basically the following:
>
> Me: "I want to learn how to do this."
> "No you don't."
> Me: "Yeah, I really kinda do."
> "No you don't, it's been done before and better by someone else."
> Me: "Aside from that, I'd really like to know how I'd go about doing
> this."
> "You are an idiot."

I was not posting for a couple of weeks, but I was mostly
following the thread. People did explain to you why what you
want to do is really hard, and why such simple straight-minded
approach will not work. And why spamassassin, in their opinion,
will solve your problem nicely, and why using it is simpler than
developing your own filter with the rules you mentioned. You
failed to listen. I haven't used spamassassin yet, so I don't
know whether what they said is correct, but from what I know
about the program they seem to be right.

Please see my signature. And keep in mind that this list
provides free help, which means nobody owes anybody else
anything, and nevertheless some (I'm not saying all) people who
posted here tried to help you.

Vadik.

--
The Consultant's Curse:
    When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him