Re: [Exim] I would just like to say

Author: Greg Webster
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I would just like to say
On 25 Mar 2002, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> All take your hands off the keyboard, take a deep breath, relax a
> little, and then ask yourself how your contribution to the current
> debate is improving the mailing list... especially as this stuff is all
> archived for posterity....

For my part I apologize, I was just getting a little tired of exchanges
that were basically the following:

Me: "I want to learn how to do this."
"No you don't."
Me: "Yeah, I really kinda do."
"No you don't, it's been done before and better by someone else."
Me: "Aside from that, I'd really like to know how I'd go about doing
this."
"You are an idiot."

I really don't think my requests were out of line or deserved the kind of
response I got. It took me complaining about the people who were doing
this to get any effective answers at all.

Thank you for your role as moderator, I hope this can be resolved a little
more peacefully.

Greg