Re: [Exim] I would just like to say

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Greg Webster
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I would just like to say
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Greg Webster wrote:

> Does this just return an "accept code" or something back to Exim?

It returns yes/no and a message, but it can modify the recipients list.

> Will any
> external executable do the job (ie. I know Perl quite well, but little C)?

You have to link in a C function, like I said. What the C function does
is up to you. It can call Perl if you like. The point is that you don't
have to run an external executable, thereby maintaining efficiency.
Remember, this has to be *quick* - the remote client host is waiting for
a response.

> Would it be possible for whatever Perl code I write to handle all of the
> external checking on email contents looking for spam by Exim calling out
> to it and returning an 'X-' header with the process to follow?

Probably.