Re: [Exim] Spamassassin Problem

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Patrice Fournier
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spamassassin Problem
On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 08:10:20PM -0500, Patrice Fournier wrote:
> Quoting Marc MERLIN <marc_news@???>:
>
> > I'm sure that the older version with -f would work, but I'm getting a
> > syntax error on it:
> > spamcheck:
> >     driver = pipe
> >     command = "/usr/sbin/exim -i -oMr spam-scanned -f ${if {eq
> > {${sender_address}}{}} {mailer-daemon} {${sender_address}} } --
> > ${local_part}"

> put the quotes only arround the -f option arg as so:
>
>      command = /usr/sbin/exim -i -oMr spam-scanned -f "${if {eq
>  {${sender_address}}{}} {mailer-daemon} {${sender_address}} }" --
>  ${local_part}

Ahah, that was my problem. I didn't realize I needed quotes inside.
The transport now works, thanks, and this one doesn't set use_shell to avoid
all the fun exploits.
I'm pasting it here in case there is a reason to use it over the BSMTP one.

# Spam Assassin
spamcheck:
    driver = pipe
    command = /usr/sbin/exim -i -oMr spam-scanned -f "${if eq {${sender_address}}{} {mailer-daemon} {${sender_address}} }" -- ${local_part}
    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc -p 784
    home_directory = "/etc/mail/spamassassin"
    current_directory = "/etc/mail/spamassassin"
    # must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back in!
    user = mail
    group = mail
    log_output = true
    return_fail_output = true

> As for the current setup you have, do you have any directors before
> spamcheck that would set errors_to = postmaster to the message?

Double bingo. I just hate myself for not having found this.
I was hoping that errors_to would only redirect errors happening inside of
the exim director/transport (return_fail_output and such), but after reading
the spec, it actually sets the envelope from, not quite sure why.

Thank you for this very good guess, now both directors seem to work fine.
I'm not certain that the BSMTP one is better, but I'll use that for now.

The only problem I can see with this setup is that exim -bt will now always
give me spamcheck_director, but I may be able to solve this once I switch
that system to exim 4 and do spamassassin at SMTP time in the ACLs

Best,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key