[Exim] Help upgrading from 3.34 to 4.02

Author: Patrick Boucher
To: exim
Subject: [Exim] Help upgrading from 3.34 to 4.02
Greetings,

     [ Question 1 ]

I have been using a simple Exim config for the past couple of weeks. Now
i am upgrading to version 4.02
Everything seems to be working fine. And i want to do some testing.
here are my difficulties

- When i start exim is start OK
But keep on Starting .. I now have 5 Exim working when i do ps ax
daemon /usr/exim/bin/exim3 -bd -C /usr/exim/config.r3

To close exim i use the line : killproc exim It keeps on failing.
Does anybody have an Idee?

    [ Question 2 ]
Other problem. I have difficulties understanding the concept of security
in Exim.
in my original config i have the option: nobody_group = nobdy and
nobody_user = nobdy
but exim4 Does not seems to have theses options.. And I keep on getting
error "permission denied"
on /usr/exim/spool/log/mainlog,

What i have done:
    in the makefile on Compile Exim absolutely wants an User: so i Set
mail (8) to be the user.
    I changed the permission on all the Subdirectory..
    Exim does not want to work.

in my mainlog i can read:

unable to set gid=45 or uid 505 (euid=8) userforward router
internal problem in userforward router: Failure to transport data to
subprocess

I check in linuxconf who is the group with ID: 45 and it is popuser.
and user id 505 is my email test account.

I think mail:mail user is unable to write to those directory..

Can somebody point me where i may find the information ?

--
Patrick Boucher