Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat

Author: Kevin Sindhu
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat
Moin Phil!
Phil Pennock schrieb am Sunday, den 24. March 2002:
> On 2002-03-23 at 23:09 -0800, Kevin Sindhu wrote:
> > How about sym linking the aliases file to /root/change_email_delivery
> > etc. type files? Most likely, this would be the only file they'd need
> > to change.

> I could just leave him with /etc/aliases -- that would be just as
> easy. I was looking for something simpler. I've already received
> one suggestion (WebMin -- but I have a vague memory of a long
> Bugtraq history for that).

Webmin is ^very^ ugly, IMHO. You end up with a thousand different
config. files spread everywhere..

> > Actually, IMO, Maildir delivery coupled with a client such as
> > Evolution (from Ximian) makes and excellent replacement[perhaps
> > better] and it can handle all these files. If these people use the
> > same machine to access mail(i.e. local mail), I really don't think
> > they'd need a imap/pop server(seems like an overkill). They can
> > just use their clients. Plus the speed and reliability of Maildir
> > can allow them to keep their mail in order....

> Uhm, I do use Maildir myself, some. However, I'd be interested to
> know how Evolution manages to use Maildir to meet the requirement
> "some mailboxes will be shared, some private."

Hmm...I guess I overlooked the part of private mailboxes. Then, I'd
guess cyrus (as an IMAP server) would be the easiest to implement. I
commented upon evolution as that's the only GUI MUA(that I know) can
do Maildir [compared to kmail for instance]

> There's also 'L' for list-reply, to only include those addresses
> which you've configured as being for mailing-lists.

> </mua-mutt-101>

*Smirk* :P

-Kev

--
Overload -- core meltdown sequence initiated.