Re: [Exim] Timezone problems

Author: David
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Timezone problems
Wilhelm Spickermann <wilhelm.spickermann@???> wrote:

> So I think your clock is not showing the right time with the
> wrong offset but the time as it is set with the selected offset,
> but that time is wrong.

I don't believe this is strictly true (because there never was a
"selected offset"), but what you have said is helping things make more
sense to me and is definitely part of the problem.

Freesco uses the clock set to "localtime". In my personal case I use GMT
and everything is fine, my problem comes from others who want logs etc.
displayed in localtime and the only way freesco handles this is by setting
the system clock to localtime, and allowing for the offset when syncing
the clock. That is something I can't change as Freesco isn't my project--I
just packaged up exim so it would and does work on freesco. So possibly
exim will always give incorrect time stamped in headers unless Freesco is
running with the clock set to UTC. :(

However, what you said doesn't explain (to me at least) why I can't change
the offset in the exim headers. Even if the system clock is running at UTC
presumably it should be possible to get the exim headers to show up as EST
for example (though this wouldn't actually solve my problem).

Regards,

DG