[Exim] Local parts as regular expressions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: Exim Users List
Asunto: [Exim] Local parts as regular expressions
Hello,

This is probably going to be a dumb question (and it's not even Friday!),
but I've now seen twice today, in messages to the Exim list, examples such
as:

local_parts = ^bounce-handler-

(That one was from Sheldon Hearn's recent question :-))

My first thought upon seeing these was that they shouldn't be regular
expressions as such, but should be an expanded string. Checking the manual
shows that 'local_parts' is an '(expanded) string list' (p144). Pages 46-47
about strings, expanded strings and list construction doesn't say anything
about allowing regular expressions. I checked in the Changelog and Newstuff
files too. Testing using an RE locally shows, however, that it does work. So
am I missing something in the manual or is the manual missing something
explaining this? All our local part tests are done via file lookups so using
RE's has never been considered :-) Note that the 'domains' director/router
option is a domain list and that can be a regular expression, but
'local_parts' is just a string list.

Thanks,

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???