Re: [Exim] Local parts as regular expressions

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sheldon Hearn
Cc: j.horne, Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Local parts as regular expressions
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> > Testing using an RE locally shows, however, that it does work. So
> > am I missing something in the manual or is the manual missing something
> > explaining this? All our local part tests are done via file lookups so using
> > RE's has never been considered :-) Note that the 'domains' director/router
> > option is a domain list and that can be a regular expression, but
> > 'local_parts' is just a string list.
>
> Wow, you're right. The documentaiton for the local_parts option doesn't
> actually say that regular expressions are allowed!

It does if you read it right. :-))

    The driver is run only if the local part of the address matches the list,
    which is tested in the same way as a domain list and which may therefore
    include plain file names, file lookups, and negation. Because the string

... but it should perhaps also explicitly say "regular expression".

I didn't think it was worth inventing a whole new category of "local
part list" just for this one option.