Re: [Exim] Handling of frozen messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Handling of frozen messages
On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 01:29:04PM +0100, mstevens@??? wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 02:22:42PM +0200, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

[...]
> > I'd like them to be sent to postmaster when they freeze. Not a
> > notififcation "Hey, on Server XY there is a frozen message" but the

[...]
> freeze_tell_mailmaster

This option would give me a notification where to find frozen messages.
But I don't want to check my mailbox regularly to find the information
where to search for frozen messages and then to log on at five or more
Mail-Servers to find out what went wrong.

The old mailsystem (which is replaced with exim right now) would send
the complete troublesom message to postmaster who then decides what to
do about it.

That's much more comfortable since in my experience I usually can't do
more than to remove the message and send a notification to someone
responsible.

Well, I settled for a cron-job now:
mailq | grep frozen | cut -d " " -f 5|xargs -i exim -Mg {}
shoud do the job (if called with an intervall shorter then 10 hours).

--
CU,
Patrick.