Re: [Exim] The New System Filter giving me a bit of problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Bayliss
A: Odhiambo Washington
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] The New System Filter giving me a bit of problem

> I am still wondering why the new system filter rejected a message with the
> message below while I _don't_ have .vcf as part of the file extensions.
>
> A .vcf is a genuine part of Netscape's signature file.

Its not vcfs that are the problem as a type.

> > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
> >
> >   ngige@???
> >     This message has been rejected because it has
> >     a potentially executable attachment "gachui.vcf"  begin:vcard
> >n:Gachui;James  tel;cell:254 72 527937 tel;fax:254 2 334435 tel;home:25425=
> 12558 tel;work:254 2 317076 x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> >url:http://www.wananchi.com
> >org:Wananchi Online Ltd version:2.1 email;internet:gachui@???
> >     This form of attachment has been used by
> >     recent viruses or other malware.
> >     If you meant to send this file then please
> >     package it up as a zip file and resend it.

What has happened is the match for unquoted filenames is too general
- the dot . which replaced the \w has matched any characters until it
finds a .com, because lines are folded and .com is an executable
type. Note that the .com is part of the email address in the vcard -
vcards from people with addresses in other domains seem to pass the
filter ok. This also explains why the vcard is included in the error
message.

We set ours to \S which may not be perfect but is better. If we could
figure out how to limit the match once the first double space is hit
the match would not go beyond the header and the scope of the match
could be widened again.

Chris Bayliss
The University of Birmingham