Re: [Exim] trouble relaying mail

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] trouble relaying mail
thread2@??? rearranged electrons thusly:

> exim are on individual isps, I'd like to set up my relay ruleset to reflect
> each person's isp's ranges as tightly as possible.
> I've determined that 'host_accept_relay' in the /etc/exim.conf is the
> directive I'm looking for, and so I've set it accordingly:
> host_accept_relay = 10.0.0.0/24:localhost:*.mindspring.com

Instead of relaying for everyone in mindspring's dialup pool (and thus
exposing yourself to every spammer on a mindspring dialup) set up smtp-auth.

Or just have your client relay through earthlink / mindspring's smtp server.
Does he have any compelling reason why he should relay only through your
server?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
You spamma my mailbox, I nukea da ass