Re: [Exim] Incoming mail lost without trace

Author: Zero Piraeus
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Incoming mail lost without trace
Hey:

Just to let everyone who's offered any input know that my ISP have
finally accepted that the fault is theirs. They had the CNAME entry set
to the IP of an account I used to have with them a few months ago.

They now reckon to have sorted it, and I'll know whether that's the case
when their DNS servers refresh at 0400GMT tonight.

Thanks to everyone who offered help - especially Jerry, whose advice led
me to start messing about with "telnet <host> 25", "host", "traceroute"
and "nslookup" until I discovered their error. You might be interested
to know, Jerry, that the looping when I'm disconnected, rather than
timing out, is apparently a matter of policy on their part.

-[z].