Re: [Exim] Incoming mail lost without trace

Author: Zero Piraeus
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Incoming mail lost without trace
Hey:

> > Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong at my end? Are there
> > situations in which Exim just drops mail without logging anything?
>
> No. I suggest you turn on the Exim configuration log_smtp_connections.
> Then it will log every connection/disconnection from a remote server,
> even if no mail is transferred. If there are no connections, the fault
> is not in your Exim.

Done that, thanks. There's still nothing logged for test mails sent from
a webmail account, though, so I assume that means Exim definitely isn't
the problem.

I suppose this is a little off-topic, but if I've got port 25 open, and
mail addresses to my main account domain is getting through fine,
there's no way attempted connections to deliver to the other domains
could reach my box but fail to reach Exim, is there?

-[z].