Re: [Exim] queuerunner

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Conrad Wood
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] queuerunner
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Conrad Wood wrote:

> I often have to relay >10,000 messages. Exim starts to queue at some
> point (I can hardly send out 10000 emails rightaway ;) )
> However, the queuerunner seems to process only one message after the
> other.

So, run more than one queue runner!

> I rather see exim fork of say 100 processes and process the queue with
> all of them.

There is nothing to stop you running a script that obeys "exim -q" 100
times if you want Exim to do this. Or set queue_run_max=100 and have the
daemon start queue runners every 30 seconds or whatever.

[All this assumes you have 10,000 messages, and not one message
addressed to 10,000 recipients, which is *not* the way to do it.]