Re: [Exim] .forward file

Author: Dave C.
To: James Ainslie
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] .forward file

The 'if error_message' stanza prevents standard nondelivery reports
from being processed by the filter. You probably want to read the FQA
on *why* you normally want that.

Nondelivery reports (aka error messages) are identified by having a
null envelope sender. eg: "MAIL FROM: <>" )

Header lines arent allowd to have the null address, so most MTA's
generating bounces put MAILER-DAEMON@??? in the
From: header.

In your case, it looks like you are specifically trying to catch
nondelivery reports, so you might want to use.

if error_message then
save $home/mail/feemde+postmaster
endif