Re: [Exim] Relay troubles

Author: Jason Robertson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay troubles
Nigel why if they can't read a manual, and they can't figure out to killall -1
exim do the deserve to be on unix?

Almost every daemon requires this, httpd, inetd, init all require this for
changing the configuration, only one that doesn't is crond.

As for his question if he's doing telnet localhost 25 umm 127.0.0.1 should be
able to relay.

On 27 Sep 2000, at 12:28, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> almer@??? said:
> > I've tried my configuration with "exim -bh <ip-address>" and that
> > seems to work, it correctly says that you have to authenticate before
> > you can relay to a non-local domain (error 550)
>
> > However if I telnet to port 25 on my mail server it does allow
> > relaying regardless of the recipient or sender.
>
> To ask the obvious... you *did* kill -HUP or otherwise restart the
> daemon after doing your config changes???
>
> [Philip - is this becoming a real stumbling block - maybe an occasional
> stat of the config file & rexec if its changed would be a good thing?]
>
>  Nigel.
> --
> [ - Opinions expressed are personal and may not be shared by VData - ]
> [ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]
> [ Phone: +44 1423 850000                         Fax +44 1423 858866 ]

---
Jason Robertson
Network Analyst
jason@???