Re: [Exim] Relay troubles

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: John W Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relay troubles
jwblist@??? said:
> Or maybe not...I edit the config file. I realize my error before
> HUPping. I'm too late to fix it because, according to Murphy, the
> occasional stat happens before I can fix the error.

But any exim processes that start during that time will have the same
problem, including any delivery processes the daemon is exec-ing....
currently you end up with a system thats partially using an old config
and partially using a new one. It may be better to have them all using
the one on disk even if its broken :-)

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]