Re: [Exim] TLS/SSL support in Exim: Testers needed

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TLS/SSL support in Exim: Testers needed
On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 09:15:08AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Steve Haslam wrote:
>
> > tls.o: In function `tls_init':
> > tls.o(.text+0x434): undefined reference to `OpenSSL_add_ssl_algorithms'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> 0.9.5a, on a Solaris 8 system. Just built without problems. That's odd,
> then.
>
> >From the various programs I looked at in order to try to figure out how
> to use OpenSSL, I got the impression that OpenSSL_add_ssl_algorithms was
> a fairly new call. The source of stunnel, for example, contains
> SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms(). This suggests that somehow you might be
> linking against an older version by mistake? If it compiled OK,
> presumably it found the prototype in the headers.

OK, I think I started out with an older version, saw the error,
upgraded and re-made: but OpenSSL_add_ssl_algorithms() is a macro to
SSL_library_init() so I needed to "make clean", then "make". It
compiles fine now. Thanks.

*blush*

SRH
--
+             Steve Haslam             |        W: +44-207-447-1839        +
+       /excite/intl/uk/prodeng        |        M: +44-7775-645618         +