Re: [Exim] TLS/SSL support in Exim: Testers needed

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Haslam
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TLS/SSL support in Exim: Testers needed
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Steve Haslam wrote:

> I can't compile on Debian- I get:
>
> tls.o: In function `tls_init':
> tls.o(.text+0x434): undefined reference to `OpenSSL_add_ssl_algorithms'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> where:
>
> bash$ nm -D /usr/lib/libcrypto.so | grep OpenSSL_add
> 00069cd0 T OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
> 00069cf0 T OpenSSL_add_all_ciphers
> 0006a130 T OpenSSL_add_all_digests
> bash$ nm -D /usr/lib/libssl.so | grep OpenSSL_add
> bash$
>
> Which version of OpenSSL have you been building against? I've got
> 0.9.5a.

0.9.5a, on a Solaris 8 system. Just built without problems. That's odd,
then.

From the various programs I looked at in order to try to figure out how
to use OpenSSL, I got the impression that OpenSSL_add_ssl_algorithms was
a fairly new call. The source of stunnel, for example, contains
SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms(). This suggests that somehow you might be
linking against an older version by mistake? If it compiled OK,
presumably it found the prototype in the headers.