Re: [Exim] Exim w/ FreeBSD 4.

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Jason C. Leach
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim w/ FreeBSD 4.
On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 08:19:06AM -0700, Jason C. Leach wrote:
> Has anyone used Exim w/ FreeBSD 4? I compiled and installed the port, set
> the configure file, and made an entry in the inetd.conf file but could not
> get Exim to answer on port 25. Come to think of it, I did not have any
> man pages on it either.
>
> Perhaps I had the wrong inetd.conf line?

hum... whereas you can run exim from inetd, I don't like it. It's a
personal choice I guess. I like to see the deamon when I type 'ps'.

try using something like:
$ /usr/sbin/exim -db -q15m &
$ tail /var/log/exim_panic.log

and see what there errors are (if any ;)

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer