Re: [Exim] No searchable archives?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: John Horne
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] No searchable archives?
J.Horne@??? said:
> Are there no searchable archives of the exim-users list? It has been
> some time since I last looked, but I thought there was one maintained
> over at Luton (I think) in the UK? The exim web site shows an archive
> but it isn't searchable that I can see. I'm trying to resolve a
> problem and thought I'd check the archives first, but without a search
> mechanism it could be a long process :-(

I've been trying a couple of things out... so lets see if this is going
to be useful for people before I put the time in to make it more
permanent....

There is a test htdig index of the list at
    http://www.exim.org/search.html

This will *not* be the long term location of the search stuff, and it
is currently default htdig pages with no tailoring at all... however
I have tried to make it index the right thing (so you don't get piles
of references to index pages rather than content).

Try it, let me know if this is whats needed. Don't bookmark it
permanently yet.

    Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]