[Exim] Panic on very long headers

Author: Max Caines
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Panic on very long headers
I'm running Exim 3.13, and I've noticed that I am getting messages sitting
on the queue indefinitely, but with no log file available. If I force Exim
to deliver such a message, it panics with "string_sprintf expansion was
longer than 8192 characters". Putting -d10 on, it seems this is happening
when it runs the system filter. I see that every such message has an
enormous To: header (usually coming from some damn Outlook client) and our
system filter refers to $h_To:. Is there any way I can get round this
(other than turning off the system filter, which certainly fixes it)?

Max Caines                       |  Email: M.B.Caines@???
Network Design Consultant        |  Phone: +44 (0)1902 322245
IT Services                      |  Fax: +44 (0)1902 322699
University of Wolverhampton      |