Re: [Exim] No searchable archives?

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] No searchable archives?
Quoth John Horne on Wed, Jun 21, 2000:
> new_address = "${if match {$local_part} {\\\\.} \
>                   {${lookup {${lc:$local_part}} cdb {TABLES/aliases.cdb} \
>                              {$value} fail}} \
>              {${lookup {${lc:$local_part}:alias} cdb {TABLES/aliases.cdb} \
>                         {${lookup {${lc:$value}} cdb {TABLES/aliases.cdb} \
>                              {$value} fail}} fail}}}"

> This is within a smartuser director. Sorry it looks a bit messy.

Hmm... It looks mostly alright, except one thing. I'm not
familiar with cdb lookups, but I believe they should be generally
the same as dbm lookups. In this case, if the text file from
which you build the cdb file has entries such as:

user:alias    thingie

then the key will be "user" and the data will be "alias    thingie",
and _not_ "user:alias" and "thingie", which, as far as I
understand, is what you're trying to achieve.

: Philip Hazel said:
> > There are two ways to do it. The first is this:
> > ${lookup{x}lsearch{/file1}{${lookup{$value}lsearch{/file2 .... } fail}
> > The second is this
> > ${lookup{${lookup{x}lsearch{/file1}{$value}{*}}}lsearch{/file2}...
> >
> > The first way fails in the way you describe because the contents of
> > $value are reset at the start of a lookup item;

Ah. I didn't know this. So, yes, Philip seems to know what he's
talking about ;) The botton line is that this is probably the
problem, but the ":alias" thingie is probably another problem.

Vadik.

--
Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
         encryption standard and they came up with ...