Re: [Exim] global filtering, in and out

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] global filtering, in and out
John Henders <jhenders@???> probably said:
> Thus, incoming mail would have a test for a Processed by:
> ad-injector-script or something like that, and if it wasn't present,
> exim's filter would pipe the message to it and it would resend the
> message to exim. However, I was wondering if anyone could think of a
> better way to do this, where the message could go through the filter and
> not need resubmission to exim at all? Is this possible?

There are some example configs at least in the list archives for using
exim with a virus checker, which is doing similar things. That may
help.

In general, though, you should also read the archive threads on why
adding adverts/disclaimers to the body of messages is a) a pain
b) can either break or not be seen due to MIME and c) even if
you patch it into MIME properly may break PGP or similarly signed
messages.

This is a nontrivial problem and one I intend to never do since I
don't believe it can be solved correctly.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???