[Exim] global filtering, in and out

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] global filtering, in and out
I'm adapting an existing mail setup to exim and am trying to figure a
more efficient way to handle one aspect of the system. The system
provides free email but in exchange inserts advertisements on both
incoming and outgoing mail. Currently the system pipes the incoming mail
through a filter and the filter handles delivery, while the outgoing
mail is all routed to a filter that adds the advertisement then calls an
different copy of the mailer that uses different config files to route
the mail offsite. What I've been thinking of was using exim's global
filter and modifying the advert adding program to insert an extra header
so that I can test for it.

Thus, incoming mail would have a test for a Processed by:
ad-injector-script or something like that, and if it wasn't present,
exim's filter would pipe the message to it and it would resend the
message to exim. However, I was wondering if anyone could think of a
better way to do this, where the message could go through the filter and
not need resubmission to exim at all? Is this possible?

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.