[Exim] Re: global filtering, in and out

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: global filtering, in and out
In <20000604153519.D21219@???> pir@??? (Peter Radcliffe) writes:

>There are some example configs at least in the list archives for using
>exim with a virus checker, which is doing similar things. That may
>help.

I looked a bit. I also have almost 6 months accumulated exim mail
archives here. Has anyone got a searchable archive set up though? I'll
look more.

>In general, though, you should also read the archive threads on why
>adding adverts/disclaimers to the body of messages is a) a pain
>b) can either break or not be seen due to MIME and c) even if
>you patch it into MIME properly may break PGP or similarly signed
>messages.

>This is a nontrivial problem and one I intend to never do since I
>don't believe it can be solved correctly.

Actually, that was solved already with our current filter. Our system
supports SMIME signed and encrypted mail. The ad insert filter is smart
enough to leave the headers used by the encryption alone, so it should
work with pgp as well as the ssl messages we support. I'll have to test
that.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.