Re: [Exim] Exim as a backup MX

Author: John W Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim as a backup MX
At 1:00 +0100 5/31/2000, Tim Bishop wrote:
>3. Say Exim was the only backup MX, and the main MX server was down for an
>extended period of time (say 24 hours). Will Exim queue the mail for that
>domain normally and thus generate the usual "mail has not been delivered for
>x hours" messages ? Surely from an end-user point of view when an e-mail is
>delived to any MX server for a domain it's considered "received" ?

I've been curious myself...I will attempt to test. If I remember not to
start the Linux "side" of my IBM laptop (whose power adaptor was just
recalled) for long enough, I'll find out. I expect to get a warning
message after n hours, though.

--John (hoping he has reformed his setup and won't bother the list admin
again with an approval required) Baxter

jwblist@???