Re: [Exim] web front end and SQL support

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] web front end and SQL support
Quoth Peter Salvage on Tue, May 02, 2000:
> and chose Exim as it was recommended and well...the logo's kewl :-)

Good enough for a reason! Good luck with FreeBSD, BTW.

> 1. Is there a web interface for users at all? If so could some kind soul
> please point me in the appropriate direction.

What kind of web interface? There is no web interface or Exim
administration, I'm afraid. Which is good. If you're talking
about a web interface for reading and sending mail, there are
several, but they're not in any way Exim-specific. Find any
web-based e-mail interface, install it, and you'll be fine.

Although I don't have any idea _why_ anyone would want to use
web-based interface to read and send their e-mail. Beats me.

> 2. I saw a post in the archives about mysql - currently we use M$ SQL7
> to manage our users, and I would hate to have to migrate that into
> another db.

What kind of info do you have in your database? Do you need a
full-blown database at all?

> Is there a method of authenticating users of multiple
> domains against an M$ SQL db?

1. There's no M$ SQL interface in Exim. You're welcome to write
one, but you're even more welcome to use some other database.

2. As Dave C. pointed out, you don't normally need to
authenticate your user on an MTA lavel. POP3 or IMAP daemons
do authenticate users, though.

3. There is no 3.

Vadik.

--
Would like to kill a certain group of users.
        -- UNIX tech support call