Re: [Exim] web front end and SQL support

Author: Peter Salvage
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] web front end and SQL support
> Good enough for a reason! Good luck with FreeBSD, BTW.

Half the fun is going "hey that works MUCH better AND faster than NT"
:-))

> What kind of web interface? There is no web interface or Exim
> administration, I'm afraid. Which is good. If you're talking
> about a web interface for reading and sending mail, there are
> several, but they're not in any way Exim-specific. Find any
> web-based e-mail interface, install it, and you'll be fine.

nod

> Although I don't have any idea _why_ anyone would want to use
> web-based interface to read and send their e-mail. Beats me.

Users...they require to be spoon-fed...they like "surfing" to their mail
<shudder>

> What kind of info do you have in your database? Do you need a
> full-blown database at all?

Yeah all kinds of accounting info from our RADIUS server :-/

> 1. There's no M$ SQL interface in Exim.  You're welcome to write
>    one, but you're even more welcome to use some other database.

mysql is looking better and better

> 2. As Dave C. pointed out, you don't normally need to
>    authenticate your user on an MTA lavel.  POP3 or IMAP daemons
>    do authenticate users, though.

yep and I already blushed in my response to his email so I won't do that
again.

> 3. There is no 3.

Good. I was running out of witty repartee :-)

/wiZZ