Re: [Exim] Messages being frozen

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Micah Anderson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Messages being frozen
Micah,

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Micah Anderson wrote:

> I set up a user, beth, to have an account on the system to get email. For
> some reason all the mail that is getting sent to her is being frozen or
> delayed. How can I figure out what is causing this, and un-freeze her
> messages?

The mail logs usually tell what the problems are. Send a test message to
beth and then see what the unique identifier is in the log file for that
email, then grep for that unique id for more details.

> Subject: Warning: message 12lGUS-0000dR-00 delayed 72 hours

For example, grep for 12lGUS-0000dR-00 in /var/log/exim/mainlog (you may
need to go back a few logfile rotations).

As for unfreezing messages, I use at the end of the main configuration
section in my exim.conf file:

## delivery attempted on frozen messages if 12 hours old
auto_thaw = 12h

Jeremy C. Reed
http://www.reedmedia.net
http://bsd.reedmedia.net