Re: [Exim] can't send mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: learning user
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] can't send mail
mailaccount200001@??? said:
> I just installed a Debian-based Linux system that uses Exim (version
> 2.05). I have never used it before (I have used Postfix some). This
> machine has a dialup connection to the internet (dynamic IP). Every
> time I try to send a message, it gets rejected with "relay not allowed
> by administrator."

That is a seriously old version of exim. Config files changed
incompatibly at version 3.0. Other comments you make show that you are
using documentation for a 3.x version, so you need to use the
appropriate documentation for the version you are running [copies of
multiple versions of documentation are on the website in HTML, probably
don't have the other formats].

> I thought about upgrading to the latest version, but the Debian
> package manager wants to remove half my system (including timezones!,
> gcc, and egcs) due to dependencies of some sort.

Strange.... I'd call that broken packaging, or you are upgrading across
an incompatible set of system libraries.

> The documentation I have seemed to suggest adding the line
> (sender_net_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1/8), which I did, but Exim
> continues to reject all outgoing mail.

Thats basically the right option. Did you HUP or restart the exim
process?
Is it still being rejected on relay rules, or something else such as
unverifiable sender address or broken headers (if you have the header
checks on)?

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]