[Exim] can't send mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: learning user
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] can't send mail
Hi,

I have trudged through a lot of documentation and lists, and
didn't see the answer to my question.

I just installed a Debian-based Linux system that uses Exim
(version 2.05). I have never used it before (I have used
Postfix some). This machine has a dialup connection to the
internet (dynamic IP). Every time I try to send a message,
it gets rejected with "relay not allowed by administrator."

I thought about upgrading to the latest version, but the
Debian package manager wants to remove half my system
(including timezones!, gcc, and egcs) due to dependencies
of some sort.

I did read section 41.5 (and that monstrous flow chart) of
the documentation, which describes the relaying rules and
their application, and the relaying howto on your web site.

I added the line (host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1/8) to the
configuration file, but apparently that parameter didn't
exist in the version I have (the logs keep spitting out
"unrecognized option").

The documentation I have seemed to suggest adding the line
(sender_net_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1/8), which I did, but
Exim continues to reject all outgoing mail.

I basically want to allow all outgoing mail originating from
the local machine. Can someone tell me how to set this up
for this version. Thank you for your help.