Re: [Exim] can't send mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Stevens
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: learning user, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] can't send mail
On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 09:25:16AM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> mailaccount200001@??? said:
> > I just installed a Debian-based Linux system that uses Exim (version
> > 2.05). I have never used it before (I have used Postfix some). This
> > machine has a dialup connection to the internet (dynamic IP). Every
> > time I try to send a message, it gets rejected with "relay not allowed
> > by administrator."
> That is a seriously old version of exim. Config files changed
> incompatibly at version 3.0. Other comments you make show that you are
> using documentation for a 3.x version, so you need to use the
> appropriate documentation for the version you are running [copies of
> multiple versions of documentation are on the website in HTML, probably
> don't have the other formats].

v2.05 is the latest version available with any debian release
described as 'stable'.

> > I thought about upgrading to the latest version, but the Debian
> > package manager wants to remove half my system (including timezones!,
> > gcc, and egcs) due to dependencies of some sort.
> Strange.... I'd call that broken packaging, or you are upgrading across
> an incompatible set of system libraries.

It is an incompatible set of system libraries -- almost all recent
debian packages depend on a) new versions of the packaging system
and b) new libc packages, which usually mean a hell of a lot of stuff
gets replaced.