Re: [Exim] Checking for sender_host_address

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Wild Karl-Heinz
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Checking for sender_host_address
On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Wild Karl-Heinz wrote:

> I thought that the entry "host_accept_relay" accept a sql-statement in the
> following
> form:
>
> host_accept_relay = localhost:mysql;MYSQL_RELAY

That will work if MYSQL_RELAY is something like

select id from xxx where id='$key'

and the xxx table has records with the id field set to the names of the
hosts you want to relay from.

> If possible I would like to use the information "Domain" as parameter to the
> query.

There is no (mail) domain involved. The lookup uses the host name, which
is gets by doing a reverse DNS lookup. The value is available in $key
for query-style lookups in host lists.