Re: [Exim] rewrite rules, uucp bang conversion, and orbs

Author: Peter Galbavy
To: Randy Bush, exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] rewrite rules, uucp bang conversion, and orbs
> so, where is the bit about how to restrict which rewrite rules are applied
> to what mail? the header flags seem to say which headers (and friends)

are
> rewritten, not useful. the S flag says do it for smtp, but they seem to

be
> applied anyway.
>
> i am sure i am missing something obvious as usual. any clues appreciated.

I am not sure if this is a useful one or not, but I gave up on rewrite rules
because while they were very flexible, and mostly human-logical, I found
that I can get a better level of control by using directors (never used
routers, but I guess the same applies) and where I need to rewrite an
address I will match a smartuser director with a condition (or other
matching) and do a new_address rewrite there.

Probably less efficient (Phil?) but more predictable.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd.