Re: [EXIM] Odd problem with Exim 3.02

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andrew M. Inggs
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Odd problem with Exim 3.02
On 24 June 1999, Dean Brooks wrote:
> Since upgrading to 3.02, we started getting reports of actual *logfile*
> entries being appended on the end of delivered messages.

I experience similar problems with 2.05 on SGI. In my case the logs
were coming down the TCP socket and causing the sending MTA to resend,
because the final "250 OK" line was garbled with the log.

Your problem is probably with the -C option, DON'T USE IT! The manual
says "The facility is useful for ensuring that configuration files are
syntactically correct" and that's all it is useful for :-).

What happened in my case was that when Exim calls itself to run the
queue, the new invocation uses the built-in path for the config file;
it is not passed the -C option again. My solution was to copy the
binary and `vi -b' it and change the configure_filename and exim_path
(search for "Space to patch" in the binary). Well, you can recompile if
you like :-).

There is another solution, if you don't want different binaries. Don't
run the daemon with the -qXm option, and run a cron job every X minutes
where you call Exim with the -q and -C options.

Please let me know if this solves your problem. If it does, perhaps
Philip could you put a warning in the manual under the section entitled
"-C <filename> option"?

Andrew

--
Andrew M. Inggs