Re: [EXIM] (OFF TOPIC) Re: behave?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] (OFF TOPIC) Re: behave?
Quoth David Sheryn on Tue, Jun 29, 1999:
> My suggestion was simply a recognition of the fact that there are now many
> people on the Exim list who have little understanding of how Internet MTAs
> work yet wish to run them on PCs running a Unix-like operating system.

They should RTFM. You cannot just install RedHat on your PC and
turn into a system administrator. If you want to set up an MTA,
you should Read The Fucking Manual, which is easy to do in case
of exim, because TFM is really good. Before the Exim TFM, you
should understand how TCP/IP works, and read some RFCs.

I like questions which imply that the questioner has read TFM and
tried to solve his problems, like questions about complex setups,
problems that are hard to solve, etc. Some of these questions
are easy to answer, and indicate only the questioner's lack of
experience.

But if the luser doesn't want to learn and doesn't try to solve
his problem by himself, and posts stupid newbie questions to the
list, he should be flamed. This is especially true about this
list -- it's exim-users, you know, we all should be system
administrators, which means, supposedly clueful people who should
know how to works with computers, and know something about UNIX
and the Net. A system administrator who doesn't want to learn
new things and doesn't know how to RTFM should be fired, and I'm
not going to solve his questions, _unless_ I'm paid to, in which
case he will be the manager, and I'll be the sysadmin.

Vadik.

--
Sauron is alive in Argentina!