Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: Exim
New-Topics: [EXIM] Exim for dialup use [was Why should I use Exim over Qmail?]
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Why should I use Exim over Qmail?
Quoth Philip Hazel on Fri, Jun 04, 1999:
> I wasn't thinking of dial-up since I
> had (and still have) no experience of such facilities. I was a bit
> amazed when people started using it on dial-up hosts, because it isn't
> really designed for such use (as I hope I make clear in the manual).

Why? Diapup is just a host wrich needs to receive no connections
(except from localhost, if people on this machine use MH), which
sometimes wants to re-write all the outgoing addresses, and
usually sends all the outgoing mail to a smarthost.

I think I'll post my autoconf scripts (which nobody uses) and a
cinfoguration I use at home (theoretically, there will be more
than one UNIX box, and the "main" box collects mail from everyone
and sends it to the smarthost when online, also re-writing
addresses and doing some more weird stuff).

> I keep trying to find time to write an introductory text, but it is not
> progressing very fast. And as far as dial-up goes, for the reasons cited
> above, I am not the right person to write about it anyway.

I can help you.

Vadik.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick
to anger.