Re: [EXIM] smtp sender_verify does not work for me

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] smtp sender_verify does not work for me
Quoth Alexander Koch on Thu, May 27, 1999:
> G'Evening (or whatever).

Good night (3am here).

> I had the problem of Exim saying no to an illegal sender
> after the DATA only:

[snip]
> After setting sender_try_verify I get the 550 immediately.

Weird. sender_verify should be enough, according to the docs.

> Now, which version is better and will not the first version
> cause more trouble (we know what MTAs are out there)?

Well, the first version might cause some trouble. So my advise
is to set sender_try_verify, and wait for The Official Reply From
The Important People (== Philip).

Vadik.

--
Any language that involves exposing private parts to friends is a
tad suspect...