Re: [EXIM] smtp sender_verify does not work for me

Author: Alexander
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] smtp sender_verify does not work for me
On Fri, 28 May 1999 10:11:51 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > |550 rejected: cannot route to sender <ich@???>
> Correct: nix.cid.net does not appear to exist.

Exact. But it says this (at least once) *after* the DATA
has been sent already although it knows the DNS is wrong
right after the MAIL FROM: is being given.

Is not it better to reject the mail before the mail is
being sent through at least once? (traffic-wise)

Or, quite possibly, I have something wrong in the config.

This I have currently:
sender_verify
sender_verify_reject
receiver_verify

sender_verify_fixup is taken out. Version 3.00.

> > After setting sender_try_verify I get the 550 immediately.
>
> Ah! You have been confused by Exim's subtleness.

Oh. Nice thing. ;-)

Alexander

--
... Microsoft: Problems for a small planet.
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka Efraim - PGP - 0xE7694969 - Hannover - Germany